Staff Updated: April 21, 2021
Dear Silver Bay friends:
It has been a tough year, one very long and bumpy year since the impacts of COVID have been felt by each and every one of us. Today many of us in the Silver Bay community are vaccinated or have appointments to get vaccines. That being said, until such a time as vaccines are available to all and NYS makes vaccination a requirement, we are not requiring vaccination; though we do encourage everyone to be vaccinated.
Though many things continue to change and evolve in this dynamic time, there are a few things that have not and will not change such as our commitment to the safety and well-being of all our staff, guests and volunteers. We have been and will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any updates via this page as they become available.
One of the areas we are currently monitoring are the guidlines around day camps such as our Silver Camp program. Once the guidelines are released and our team has had time to navigate those guidelines, we will send out a communication to all guests and update this page on how to register your children for our day camp program.
Travel Restrictions: Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the New York State travel restrictions for domestic travelers were lifted on April 1st (though registering is still a NYS requirement). For more information click HERE.
NYS Information: Due to the evolving nature of the information available, we strongly suggest you access the official New York State (NYS) COVID page for the latest updates and regulations which can be found at ny.gov.
Current Operating Plan (Based on what we know today and subject to change):
- Cottages are available for rent year-round. To tour our cottages virtually, click HERE.
- Private bath accommodations including the William Boyd Center and the Inn are open year-round. To check availability or to book online, click HERE.
- Due to current NYS regulations, certain shared-bath accommodations will not be open for guests in 2021.
- Food service at Silver Bay will continue to operate through 2021 in the dining room in the William Boyd Center. Due to current NYS regulations, dining will look different than it did in previous years:
- We have two set meal seating times of 45 minutes each, with tables assigned. This aligns with current NYS density and spacing requirements. (Please Note – Your meal time will be assigned to you for your entire stay.)
- Tables are limited in size (no more than 10 people) and only for those on the same reservation.
- Tables have been set-up for the required minimum distance.
- Meal options are considering those who have common food allergies and dietary restrictions although, while we do our best, those individuals who have extensive food allergies or dietary restrictions are recommended to utilize one of our cottages as we are not able to meet many specific dietary needs.
- Meal tickets will not be sold this year and we will not be selling cottage meal plans, however, we are currently exploring a take-out option at The Store.
- The HVAC in our dining room is a modern system with filtration that meets/exceeds the NYS standards for large spaces with large numbers of people such as malls and vastly exceeds NYS requirements for dining facilities.
- Check-in/check-out times changed in 2020 and will continue through 2021 to allow more time for cleaning, i.e. 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. respectively. Your cooperation is appreciated and needed.
- Daily housekeeping services are suspended, though fresh towel replacement and emergency cleaning services will be available if needed.
- Our children’s programs will be open albeit in a somewhat limited scope. Our programs will be available for Turtles (3&4 year olds) through Eagles (12&13 year olds). We expect additional news to be forthcoming from the NYS Dept. of Health sometime in late April and will continue to update you regarding these regulations and the registration process.
- We are welcoming Emps back for the 2021 summer, and we continue to hire for several six-month, nine-month and full-time positions. Click HERE for a full listing.
- We will be offering for sale all levels of Off-Campus Program passes, including our daily passes.
Based on the above changes, Silver Bay is allowing any guest and/or group the ability to cancel without penalty until April 30, 2021. After that date, standard cancellation deadlines along with any fees and/or forfeitures may apply. To view our individual reservation cancellation policy, click HERE.
Groups & Reunions – At this time we are able to host these events albeit in a somewhat reduced capacity in line with NYS regulations. If you have additional questions or would like to inquire about hosting a group, please call or email one of our Conference Coordinators directly at 518.543.8415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals & Individual Families – If you have any questions or would like to make a reservation, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.888.758.7229 or email us at email@example.com. Reservations can also be made online by clicking HERE
Silver Bay is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and program participants. Our operating plan adheres to the NYS regulations and guidelines, as outlined in the NY Forward Reopening Plan and incorporates industry standards and best practices. We have increased the frequency of cleaning, and we have reconfigured lobby and outdoor spaces to incorporate social-distancing practices. We have redesigned our program areas so guests can continue to enjoy our beautiful location and facilities under these unique circumstances. We are asking for your help by following the below guidelines:
- Please stay home if you or a member of your group is sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or trouble breathing.
- If you or a member of your group becomes sick, is showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, while at Silver Bay we ask that you and your group self-isolate in your accommodation, contact your physician and seek appropriate medical attention. We also ask that you contact the front desk to make us aware of the situation so we can follow the appropriate reporting procedures as outlined by the NYSDOH (New York State Department of Health). Please note that medical care is not available at the Silver Bay campus and medical emergency care is provided through 911 services.
- While at Silver Bay, it is required that you wear your badge and display your parking pass in your vehicle. We are enforcing badges more strictly as a way to manage density (which we are required to do) for contact tracing (which has been recommended by NYS) and to make sure only registered guests are on our property. We do this all with the goal of keeping you and your families as safe as possible.
- Face Coverings: Per NYS, we must wear them when we cannot maintain a 6ft distance and when we are inside one of our public spaces.
- Please adhere to these regulations and make sure your children and grandchildren understand we wear face coverings as an act of respect to others. Let us all be “others” focused and respect one another by adhering to the NYS regulation on wearing face coverings.
- Please wash your hands often and take advantage of hand sanitizers on property.
- We ask that you enjoy our program areas and adhere to the guidelines that we have set up to provide a safe and fun experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What type of activities will be available on campus this summer?
Slim Point Beach will be open as well as the Boathouse, archery, shuffleboard, tennis, vespers, and we will be operating our Spiritual Life Program. Yoga will continue to be offered outdoors. As we know more and based on NYS guidelines, we will continue to update this page, the Silver Bay App and the monthly Breeze.
What is there to do in the surrounding area?
Enjoy a number of local activities ranging from visiting Fort Ticonderoga to riding through the mountains on horseback. If you’re looking for adventure, checkout local whitewater rafting or climb across the treetops at Adirondack Extreme.
Will Chapel services continue this year?
Yes. Sunday chapel services will take place, however, they will held in the Auditorium.
Will the laundry facility be open this year and is there a machine to make change?
Yes. Our laundry facility is open, and there is a machine in the space to make change.
Will I need my badge to walk on campus or parking pass to use the parking lot?
Yes. Badges and parking passes are required whenever you are on the Silver Bay Campus from the hiking trails to lakefront. Our staff will be asking for badges. Please contact the front desk for more information.
Is first aid or medical assistance available on campus at this time?
During the summer months, first aid staff is available to respond to basic first aid and medical emergencies. All other medical needs will be referred to a local provider.
Will the Gift Shop be open this year?
Yes. The Gift Shop will remain open this year! Operating open hours can be found in the e-breeze. If you can’t make it to Silver Bay, you can order something on our NEW online Gift Shop.