Updated: July 28, 2020
Dear Silver Bay friends:
Much has changed from just a few weeks ago and many things continue to change and evolve in this dynamic time. There are a few things that have not and will not change such as our commitment to the safety and well-being of all our staff, guests and volunteers. We have been and will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any updates via this page as they become available.
Governor Cuomo of New York State issued an Executive Order on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, in response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19. If you have traveled from within one of the designated states with significant community spread, you must quarantine when you enter New York for 14 days, provided on the date you enter into New York State that such state met the criteria for requiring such quarantine. The travel advisory requires all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for complying with the advisory in the best interest of public health and safety. If you have traveled to and/or are traveling from any of the states on the list you must quarantine for 14-days prior to your arrival at Silver Bay.
Further, late evening on July 13, 2020 we received the following information from the Governor’s office: A travel enforcement program will commence on July 14th, at airports across the state to help ensure travelers are following quarantine protocols. Enforcement teams will be stationed at airports to ensure compliance with the mandatory State Department of Health traveler form, which is being distributed by airlines to passengers flying to New York State. An electronic version of the traveler form is also available, click HERE. Travelers who fail to provide their contact information will receive a summons with a $2,000 fine.
Due to the evolving nature of the information available, we strongly suggest you access the official New York State (NYS) COVID page for the latest updates, regulations and travel advisories which can be found at ny.gov. Our cancellation policy has been adjusted due to this new NYS regulation. Please contact our Reservations Team at 518.543.8415 for individual stays or your Conference Coordinator for group stays in order to discuss the updated cancellation policy for individuals affected by these new regulations.
Current Phased Reopening Plan:
- Silver Bay is currently open and will expand its offerings in a phased manner, dependent on NYS and/or Federal restrictions:
- Cottages are available for rent now and throughout the rest of year. (Many of our cottages are winterized, call for details).
- The William Boyd Center, Inn, Trinity, and Bayview are open now through the rest of the year.
- On campus activities have resumed, albeit in a reduced manner consistent with NYS regulations. A full list of activities and times can be found in the weekly e-breeze.
- Food service at Silver Bay has resumed in our dining room in The William Boyd Center. Due to NYS regulations, things are looking a bit different:
- We have 2 set meal seating’s of 45 minutes each with tables being assigned. This aligns with current NYS density and spacing requirements.
- Tables are limited in size and only for those on the same reservation.
- Tables have been set-up for the required minimum distance.
- As buffets and salad bars are currently frowned upon, we are serving our guests with meal and drink options in a restaurant style operation.
- Meal options are considering those who have common food allergies and dietary restrictions although, while we do our best, those individuals that have extensive food allergies or dietary restrictions are recommended to utilize one of our cottages as we are not be able to meet many specific dietary needs.
- We can confirm to you that our HVAC in our dining room is a modern system that has filtration that meets/exceeds the newly released NYS standards for large spaces with large numbers of people such as malls and vastly exceeds NYS requirements for dining facilities.
- More details have been sent to each reservation holder and to those making future reservations.
- Check-in/check-out times have been changed to allow more time for cleaning, i.e. 4pm and 10am respectively. Your cooperation is appreciated and needed.
- Daily housekeeping services are suspended though fresh towel replacement and emergency cleaning services will be available if needed.
- Sadly, Day camp for children is not available in summer 2020.
- For Summer 2020, Off-Campus Program passes will be limited to sales of 7-day, 30-day, 60-day, annual in an effort to comply with density restrictions.
- Virtual programming has ceased for the summer and our plan is to resume virtual programming on/about September 1st.
Groups & Reunions – We have been in regular contact with all group leaders and we will continue to update all of our groups as information becomes available. If you have additional questions, please call or email your Conference Coordinator directly.
Individuals & Individual Families – If you are concerned about an upcoming reservation, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.888.758.7229 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Silver Bay YMCA Conference & Family Retreat Center 2020 Cancellation & Discount Policy:
All current & future Summer Season 2020 reservations through August 15th will be reduced 20% off published rates.
Terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without prior notice.
Silver Bay is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and program participants. Our operating plan adheres to the NYS regulations and guidelines, as outlined in the NY Forward Reopening Plan, and incorporates industry standards and best practices. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and utilizing cutting edge technology like electrostatic sprayers. We have reconfigured lobbies and outdoor spaces to incorporate social distancing practices. We have redesigned our program areas so guests can continue to enjoy our beautiful location and facilities under these unique circumstances. We asking for your help by following the below guidelines:
- Please access the official New York State COVID page for the latest updates, regulations and travel advisories which can be found at ny.gov
- Please stay home if you or a member of your group are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or trouble breathing.
- Please adhere to NYS travel restrictions as listed on ny.gov. If you have traveled to and/or are traveling from any of the states on the list you must quarantine for 14-days prior to your arrival at Silver Bay.
- If you or a member of your group becomes sick, is showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, while at Silver Bay we ask that you and your group self-isolate in your accommodation, contact your physician and seek appropriate medical attention. We also ask that contact the front desk to make us aware of the situation so we can follow the appropriate reporting procedures as outlined by the NYSDOH (New York State Department of Health). Please note that Medical care is not available at Silver Bay campus and medical emergency care is provided through “911” services.
- While at Silver Bay, it is required that you wear your badge and display your parking pass in your vehicle. We are enforcing badges more strictly this year as a way to manage density (which we are required to do) for contact tracing (which has been recommended by NYS) and to make sure only registered guests are on our property. We do this all with the goal of keeping you and your families as safe as possible.
- Masks: Per NYS, we must wear them when we cannot maintain a 6ft distance and when we are inside one of our public spaces.
- Please adhere to these regulations and make sure your children and grandchildren understand we wear masks as an act of respect to others. Let us all be “others” focused and respect one another by adhering to the NYS regulation on wearing face masks and coverings.
- While indoors please wear a face covering in all public spaces from hallways and lobbies. This is in keeping with NYS regulations and failure to abide by them may result in a civil fine and/or revoking of Silver Bay privileges.
- Please wash your hands often and take advantage to hand sanitizer located throughout the property.
- We ask that you enjoy our program areas and adhere to the guidelines that we have set up to provide a safe and fun experience.
All in all, 2020 will be like no other year in our 118-year history. For those of you who are able to support Silver Bay at this time, we ask you to think deeply and prioritize your giving by supporting those organizations that you think are doing the work you embrace and that need your donations the most. There are so many worthy causes out there, and our hope is and always will be that Silver Bay shares your values, and embraces and exemplifies what is important to you. For those individuals who need to cancel their 2020 reservations, perhaps we can ask that you donate your deposit back to Silver Bay.
Remember, we are here for you and because of you and with this, our mission is to impact the lives of everyone who comes in contact with Silver Bay YMCA. Please use this link to give now in any amount.
Thank you for supporting Silver Bay. Let us all take a moment to be thankful for so many blessings; to pray for and thank so many who are working so hard to fight this disease and all its impacts; and for the courage to make the world a bit better in all that we say and do.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will the tennis courts be open for the season?
- Our tennis courts are currently open for overnight guests and program pass holders.
- When will program areas open?
- Program areas have started to open. A full list of programs and their times can be found in the weekly e-breeze.
- How will I know when I program area is opening or what the requirements will be to use that area?
- Silver Bay will be using the e-Breeze, APP and Activities calendar to communicate operating hours. The E-Breeze will have more detail information on specific requirements.
- What boats will you have available this summer?
- This summer we will have canoes, kayaks, rowboats and paddle boards available.
- What type of activities will be available at Collins Equipment Center?
- Shuffleboard, disc golf, pickle ball and horseshoes will be available. Items like board games, which are difficult to sanitize, and basketballs, which are considered contact recreation will not be available.
- Do I get a key this year to access the Tennis Courts whenever I want?
- For everyone’s safety, we will be instituting a badge check and sign in procedure in all our program areas including the Tennis Courts, which conforms with NYS contact tracing guidelines. Silver Bay staff members will control daily access.
- Will the Library be open this summer?
- This summer the library will remain closed.
- Will the laundry facility be open this summer and is there a machine to make change?
- Yes – our laundry facility is open and there is a machine in the space to make change.
- Will the Playground be available this summer?
- The playground and children’s pavilion area will remain closed per NYS regulations.
- Will I need my badge to walk on campus or parking pass to use the parking lot?
- Yes – badges and parking passes are required whenever you are on the Silver Bay Campus from the hiking trails to a stroll along the lake our staff will be asking for badges this summer. Please see contact the front desk for more information.
- What if I have first aid or medical emergency on campus this year?
- Silver Bay will not be providing first aid or emergency care (except for the swim areas which where we provide lifeguards). In case of a medical emergency please dial 911. If you call an ambulance please let us know so we can help guide it to your location.
- Will there be rocking chairs on the porches and places to sit in the lobbies?
- In keeping with NYS guidelines, furniture in the lobbies and outdoor spaces have been reduced and arrange to leave at least a 6ft for chairs and 10ft for tables distance between groupings. Meeting spaces will remain closed until further notice. We ask that guests do not rearrange chairs in a way that violates NYS social distancing guidelines.
- Will my children and I have to swim with a face covering?
- As long as social distance is maintained in swim areas guest will not have to wear their face covering while in the water.
- Will my family and I be able to use the beach?
- Silver Bay will be checking badges at the gate as you enter Slim Point. Per NYS regulations we have removed the chairs and picnic tables from this area and ask that you bring your own chairs. Only sit within your family group and maintain social distance from other groups on property.
- Will the Gift Shop be open this year?
- Yes – the Gift Shop is currently open, the open hours can be found in the e-breeze. If you can’t make it to Silver Bay this year, you can order something on our NEW online Gift Shop. Also NEW this year, we will be offering hot and cold coffees and ice cream in the Gift Shop including Martha’s ice cream sandwiches and Adirondack Creamery pints!
- Where can I find the most up to date information regarding NY State regulations: i.e. face coverings, gathering size etc.?
- Please visit the NY State website for the most up to date guidelines and restrictions.
- Can I purchase a meal ticket?
- Unfortunately, meal tickets will not be available for purchase for people staying in cottages and/or for off campus guests.