Updated: May 26, 2020
Dear Silver Bay friends:
Much has changed from just a few weeks ago and many things continue to change and evolve in this dynamic time. There are a few things that have not and will not change such as our commitment to the safety and well being of all our staff, guests and volunteers. We have been and will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any updates via this page as they become available.
Silver Bay Update:
- We are unable to welcome emps to Silver Bay for summer 2020.
- Day camp will not operate in summer 2020.
- Due to New York State restrictions, our food service venues remain closed with the reopening being targeted for July 18th. (see more below)
- For Summer 2020, Off-Campus Program passes would be restricted to sales to 7-day, 30-day, 60-day, annual in an effort to reduce density.
Current Phased Reopening Plan:
- Silver Bay is currently planning on reopening in the following phased manner, dependent on NYS and/or Federal restrictions:
- Cottages (only) are available for rent starting May 17th.
- On campus activities will resume on/about June 20th, and will currently be limited to Slim Point beach, boathouse, archery, shuffleboard, tennis and spiritual life programs (limited). Yoga may be offered outdoors, weather permitting and some activities like tennis will likely open sooner. (We will update this in the coming days & weeks).
- Fisher Lounge, the gym, the craft shop, nature center will remain closed.
- All concerts, the ballet and lectures are cancelled.
- Fundraising events such as the golf tournament and various socials will be cancelled for summer 2020.
- All shared bath accommodations will remain closed for summer 2020.
- Starting July 18th, and subject to change, we plan to re-open The William Boyd Center, Inn, Trinity and Bayview and begin meal service.
- Activities may be expanded to include reopening the gym and Chapel.
- The Gift Shop & Store may be opened, with limited hours.
- Some lectures may resume based on various regulations and other factors.
- Check-in/check-out times will be changed to allow more time for cleaning, i.e. 4pm and 10am respectively. Your cooperation is appreciated and needed.
- Daily housekeeping services are suspended though fresh towel replacement and emergency cleaning services will be available if needed.
- Summer season minimum stay requirements will be increased, i.e. for individual reservations to a 3 night minimum for all new individual reservations. Cottage reservations remain as a weekly rental minimum.
- Virtual programming would cease for the summer with the exception of weekly chapel services and the monthly prayer breakfasts which we would video and share via our social media platforms. Our plan would be to resume virtual programming on/about September 1st.
Groups & Reunions – Concerns are being discussed with our group leaders and we will continue to update all of our groups as information becomes available. If you have additional questions, please call or email your Conference Coordinator directly.
Individuals & Individual Families – If you are concerned about an upcoming reservation, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.888.758.7229 or email us at email@example.com
Silver Bay YMCA Conference & Family Retreat Center 2020 Cancellation & Discount Policy:
Cancellations made through May 31, 2020 will receive a full refund or the full deposit may be applied to future reservation.
Effective June 1, 2020
- All current & future Summer Season 2020 reservations from June 20th – August 15th will be reduced 20% off published rates.
- Cottage Cancellations up to 31 days prior to arrival will receive a refund in the amount of your deposit minus one night’s stay.
- Cottage Cancellations 30 -16 days prior to arrival; 50% of the deposit will be non-refundable.
- Cottage Cancellations 15-0 days prior to arrival; 100% of the deposit will be non-refundable.
- Individual Room Cancellations up to 16 days prior to arrival will receive a refund in the amount of your deposit minus one night’s stay.
- Individual Room Cancellations 15 -0 days prior to arrival; 100% of the deposit will be non-refundable.
Terms & Conditions:
- All reservations must be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival.
- Billing adjustments will not be made to reservation changes, due to late arrival and/or early departures.
- Guests who fail to cancel their reservation prior to arrival date will forfeit the entire deposit.
- Conference group reservation amendments should be directed to our conference sales team by the conference leadership as noted on the conference agreement.
- Discounts cannot be combined and do not carry a cash value.
- Discounts apply only to lodging and related dining charges, as applicable, and do not apply to ancillary charges including, but not limited to, purchases at The Store, Gift Shop, and Boathouse.
- Terms and Conditions subject to change without prior notice.
- Please stay home if you or a member of your group are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or trouble breathing.
- If you or a member of your group becomes sick, is showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, while at Silver Bay we ask that you and your group self-isolate in your accommodation, contact your physician and seek appropriate medical attention. We also ask that contact the front desk to make us aware of the situation so we can follow the appropriate reporting procedures as outlined by the NYSDOH (New York State Department of Health). Please note that Medical care is not available at Silver Bay campus and medical emergency care is provided through “911” services.
- While on at Silver Bay, it is required that you wear your badge and display your parking pass in your vehicle. We are making a concerted effort to decrease our density on campus.
- While outdoors please practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others. If you are unable to maintain social distance please wear a face covering. This is in keeping with NYS regulations and failure to abide by them may result in a civil fine and/or revoking of Silver Bay privileges.
- While indoors please wear a face covering in all public spaces from hallways to lobbies.
- Please wash your hands often and take advantage to hand sanitizer located throughout the property.
- We ask that you enjoy our program areas and adhere to the guidelines that we have set up to provide a safe and fun experience.
All in all, 2020 will be like no other year in our 118-year history. For those of you who are able to support Silver Bay at this time, we ask you to think deeply and prioritize your giving by supporting those organizations that you think are doing the work you embrace and that need your donations the most. There are so many worthy causes out there, and our hope is and always will be that Silver Bay shares your values, and embraces and exemplifies what is important to you. For those individuals who need to cancel their 2020 reservations, perhaps we can ask that you donate your deposit back to Silver Bay.
Remember, we are here for you and because of you and with this, our mission is to impact the lives of everyone who comes in contact with Silver Bay YMCA. Please use this link to give now in any amount.
Thank you for supporting Silver Bay. Let us all take a moment to be thankful for so many blessings; to pray for and thank so many who are working so hard to fight this disease and all its impacts; and for the courage to make the world a bit better in all that we say and do.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will the tennis courts be open for the season?
- We are targeting a June 1st opening of the clay courts. This date is weather dependent.
- When will program areas open?
- Program areas will be open on our about June 20th. Some areas may earlier and some later depending on NYS Phase guidelines.
- How will I know when I program area is opening or what the requirements will be to use that area?
- Silver Bay will be using the e-Breeze, APP and Activities calendar to communicate operating hours. The E-Breeze will have more detail information on specific requirements.
- What boats will you have available this summer?
- This summer we will have canoes, kayaks, rowboats and paddleboards available. We are currently finalizing our boat cleaning procedures, leveraging industry best practices and CDC guidelines.
- What type of activities will be available at Collins Equipment Center?
- Shuffleboard, disc golf, pickle ball and horseshoes will be available. Items like board games, which are difficult to sanitize, and basketballs, which are considered contact recreation will not be available.
- Do I get a key this year to access the Tennis Courts whenever I want?
- For everyone’s safety, we will be instituting a badge check in all our program areas including the Tennis Courts, which conforms with NYS contact tracing guidelines. Silver Bay staff members will control daily access.
- Will the Library be open this summer?
- This summer the library will remain closed.
- Will the Playground be available this summer?
- The playground and children’s pavilion area will remain closed.
- Will I need my badge to walk on campus or parking pass to use the parking lot?
- Yes – badges and parking passes are whenever you are on the Silver Bay Campus from the hiking trails to a stroll along the lake our staff will be asking for badges this summer. Please see contact the front desk for more information.
- Will I need my badge to go to use the program areas?
- For everyone’s safety, we will be instituting a badge check in all our program areas which conforms with NYS contact tracing guidelines. Silver Bay staff members will control daily access.
- What if I have first aid or medical emergency on campus this year?
- Silver Bay will not be providing first aid or emergency care (except for the swim areas which where we provide lifeguards). In case of a medical emergency please dial 911. – If you call an ambulance please let us know so we can help guide it to your location.
- Will there be rocking chairs on the porches and places to sit in the lobbies?
- In keeping with NYS guidelines, furniture in the lobbies and outdoor spaces has been reduced and arrange to leave at least a 6ft for chairs and 10ft for tables distance between groupings. Meeting spaces will remain closed. We ask that guest do not rearrange chairs in a way that violates NYS social distancing guidelines.
- Will my children and I have to swim with a face covering?
- As long as social distance is maintained in swim areas guest will not have to wear their face covering while in the water.
- Will my family and I be able to use the beach?
- Silver Bay will be monitoring the gate as you enter Slim Point. Per NYS guidelines we have removed the chairs and picnic tables from this area and asked that you bring your own chairs. Only sit within your family group and maintain social distance from other groups on property.
- Where can I find the most up to date information regarding NY State regulations: i.e. face coverings, gathering size etc.?
- Please visit the NY State website www.ny.gov for the most up to date guidelines and restrictions.