Updated: October 20, 2020
Dear Silver Bay friends:
Though many things continue to change and evolve in this dynamic time, there are a few things that have not and will not change such as our commitment to the safety and well-being of all our staff, guests and volunteers. We have been and will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any updates via this page as they become available.
Governor Cuomo of New York State issued an Executive Order on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, in response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19. If you have traveled from within one of the designated states with significant community spread, you must quarantine when you enter New York for 14 days, provided on the date you enter into New York State that such state met the criteria for requiring such quarantine. The travel advisory requires all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for complying with the advisory in the best interest of public health and safety. If you have traveled to and/or are traveling from any of the states on the list you must quarantine for 14-days prior to your arrival at Silver Bay. For a full list of states, click HERE.
Further, late evening on July 13, 2020 we received the following information from the Governor’s office: A travel enforcement program will commence on July 14th, at airports across the state to help ensure travelers are following quarantine protocols. Enforcement teams will be stationed at airports to ensure compliance with the mandatory State Department of Health traveler form, which is being distributed by airlines to passengers flying to New York State. An electronic version of the traveler form is also available, click HERE. Travelers who fail to provide their contact information will receive a summons with a $2,000 fine.
Due to the evolving nature of the information available, we strongly suggest you access the official New York State (NYS) COVID page for the latest updates, regulations and travel advisories which can be found at ny.gov. Our cancellation policy has been adjusted due to this new NYS regulation. Please contact our Reservations Team at 518.543.8415 for individual stays or your Conference Coordinator for group stays in order to discuss the updated cancellation policy for individuals affected by these new regulations.
Current Operating Plan:
- Cottages are available for rent now and throughout the rest of 2020 and into 2021. (Many of our cottages are winterized, call Reservations for details).
- The William Boyd Center, Inn, and Trinity, are open now, throughout the rest of 2020 and into 2021.
- On campus activities have resumed, albeit in a reduced manner consistent with NYS regulations. A full list of activities and times can be found in the monthly e-breeze.
- Food service at Silver Bay has resumed in our dining room in The William Boyd Center. Due to NYS regulations, things are looking a bit different:
- We have 2 set meal seating’s of 45 minutes each with tables being assigned. This aligns with current NYS density and spacing requirements.
- Tables are limited in size and only for those on the same reservation.
- Tables have been set-up for the required minimum distance.
- Meal options are considering those who have common food allergies and dietary restrictions although, while we do our best, those individuals that have extensive food allergies or dietary restrictions are recommended to utilize one of our cottages as we are not be able to meet many specific dietary needs.
- We can confirm to you that our HVAC in our dining room is a modern system that has filtration that meets/exceeds the newly released NYS standards for large spaces with large numbers of people such as malls and vastly exceeds NYS requirements for dining facilities.
- Check-in/check-out times have been changed to allow more time for cleaning, i.e. 4pm and 10am respectively. Your cooperation is appreciated and needed.
- Daily housekeeping services are suspended though fresh towel replacement and emergency cleaning services will be available if needed.
Groups & Reunions – We are able to host these events albeit in a somewhat reduced capacity in line with NYS regulations. If you have additional questions, please call or email one of our Conference Coordinators directly.
Individuals & Individual Families – If you have any questions or would like to make a reservation, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.888.758.7229 or email us at email@example.com
Silver Bay YMCA Conference & Family Retreat Center 2020 Cancellation & Discount Policy:
All current & future 2020 reservations will be reduced 20% off published rates.
Terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without prior notice.
Silver Bay is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and program participants. Our operating plan adheres to the NYS regulations and guidelines, as outlined in the NY Forward Reopening Plan, and incorporates industry standards and best practices. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and utilizing cutting edge technology like electrostatic sprayers. We have reconfigured lobbies and outdoor spaces to incorporate social distancing practices. We have redesigned our program areas so guests can continue to enjoy our beautiful location and facilities under these unique circumstances. We asking for your help by following the below guidelines:
- Please access the official New York State COVID page for the latest updates, regulations and travel advisories which can be found at ny.gov
- Please stay home if you or a member of your group are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or trouble breathing.
- Please adhere to NYS travel restrictions as listed on ny.gov. If you have traveled to and/or are traveling from any of the states on the list you must quarantine for 14-days prior to your arrival at Silver Bay.
- If you or a member of your group becomes sick, is showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, while at Silver Bay we ask that you and your group self-isolate in your accommodation, contact your physician and seek appropriate medical attention. We also ask that contact the front desk to make us aware of the situation so we can follow the appropriate reporting procedures as outlined by the NYSDOH (New York State Department of Health). Please note that Medical care is not available at Silver Bay campus and medical emergency care is provided through “911” services.
- While at Silver Bay, it is required that you wear your badge and display your parking pass in your vehicle. We are enforcing badges more strictly this year as a way to manage density (which we are required to do) for contact tracing (which has been recommended by NYS) and to make sure only registered guests are on our property. We do this all with the goal of keeping you and your families as safe as possible.
- Face Coverings: Per NYS, we must wear them when we cannot maintain a 6ft distance and when we are inside one of our public spaces.
- Please adhere to these regulations and make sure your children and grandchildren understand we wear face coverings as an act of respect to others. Let us all be “others” focused and respect one another by adhering to the NYS regulation on wearing face coverings.
- While indoors please wear a face covering in all public spaces from hallways and lobbies. This is in keeping with NYS regulations and failure to abide by them may result in a civil fine and/or revoking of Silver Bay privileges.
- Please wash your hands often and take advantage to hand sanitizer located throughout the property.
- We ask that you enjoy our program areas and adhere to the guidelines that we have set up to provide a safe and fun experience.
All in all, 2020 is like no other year in our 118-year history. For those of you who are able to support Silver Bay at this time, we ask you to think deeply and prioritize your giving by supporting those organizations that you think are doing the work you embrace and that need your donations the most. There are so many worthy causes out there, and our hope is and always will be that Silver Bay shares your values, and embraces and exemplifies what is important to you.
Remember, we are here for you and because of you and with this, our mission is to impact the lives of everyone who comes in contact with Silver Bay YMCA. Please use this link to give now in any amount.
Thank you for supporting Silver Bay. Let us all take a moment to be thankful for so many blessings; to pray for and thank so many who are working so hard to fight this disease and all its impacts; and for the courage to make the world a bit better in all that we say and do.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What type of activities are available on campus?
- Shuffleboard, disc golf, hiking, scavenger hunts, snow shoeing and more… Equipment rentals and trail maps are available in the Inn Lobby…
- *Activities are weather dependent. Please see the Breeze or downloand the Silver Bay app for a full list of available activities during your stay.
- What is there to do in the surrounding area?
- From the best downhill skiing in NYS such as Gore and West Mountain plus Garnet Hill for cross-country skiing, to historical sites like Fort Ticonderoga, or outlet shopping in Lake Geroge, there are plenty of fun activities for you and your family!
- Will the Library be open this year?
- This year the library will remain closed.
- Will the laundry facility be open this year and is there a machine to make change?
- Yes – our laundry facility is open and there is a machine in the space to make change.
- Will I need my badge to walk on campus or parking pass to use the parking lot?
- Yes – badges and parking passes are required whenever you are on the Silver Bay Campus from the hiking trails to a stroll along the lake our staff will be asking for badges this year. Please see contact the front desk for more information.
- What if I have first aid or medical emergency on campus this year?
- Silver Bay will not be providing first aid or emergency care. In case of a medical emergency please dial 911. If you call an ambulance please let us know so we can help guide it to your location.
- Will the Gift Shop be open this year?
- Yes – the Gift Shop is currently open, the open hours can be found in the e-breeze. If you can’t make it to Silver Bay this year, you can order something on our NEW online Gift Shop. Also NEW this year, we will be offering hot and cold coffees and ice cream in the Gift Shop including Martha’s ice cream sandwiches and Adirondack Creamery pints!
- Where can I find the most up to date information regarding NY State regulations: i.e. face coverings, gathering size etc.?
- Please visit the NY State website for the most up to date guidelines and restrictions.