Silver Bay YMCA understands you may be concerned about your health and safety when traveling to and staying at our facility. We want to assure you that guest concerns are important to us and that we consider it a top priority to protect your health during your visit.
We are monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely and adapting our cleaning processes and practices to maintain the most sanitary environment possible. We are informing our staff the best ways they can keep themselves and our guests healthy and we are regularly evaluating our policies to minimize the impact on our guests.
We will continue to use this COVID-19 page of our website to keep you updated as the situation evolves. You can be assured that we are committed to creating and maintaining a healthy and welcoming environment for all.
What is Silver Bay doing to prevent possible transmission?
- We are regularly monitoring the CDC website for updates for Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations and other “best practices” and following them accordingly.
- We are urging all guests to use common disease transmission preventative measures and to follow “best practices” guidelines as communicated by the CDC which includes:
- Cover your cough / sneeze.
- Wash your hands frequently before eating, after sneezing, and after restroom use.
- Refrain from touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- We have verified our cleaning products are effective against influenza and kill on contact.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning common public surfaces including; doorknobs, railings, and other common contact surfaces before, during, and after guest departure.
- We have purchased sanitizers for all common entry areas and are adding signs to encourage hand washing, covering your cough, and monitoring your health.
- We have provided reserved seating in the Dining Hall to focus our cleaning efforts between meals.
- We have hand sanitzer at the start of each food line.
- Our Food Service Team will be serving guests from behind the buffet line.
- We are urging guests to use their plates, cups, and silverware once during a meal.
- Guests may return to the serving line as many times as they choose, however they will be issued a new plate, cup, and silverware.
- We are urging guests not to refuill personal coffee cups and water bottles at the beverage center in the Dining Hall and instead directing them to grab a new cup.
- We are asking all groups to communicate with their guests on how to prevent transmission of disease and not to come if they are experiencing any symptoms of the flu which include; fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- We have trained our staff to recognize symptoms, reviewed prevention procedures, and are requiring daily health assessments among food service staff.
- We have trained our full-time staff in proper protective habits to help ensure guest/staff safety.
- Staff is receiving regular information about how to stay healthy and keep their personal and work spaces clean and disinfected. They are reminded regularly to practice good hygiene habits and take extra precautions as necessary.
- Staff is encouraged to stay home when feeling sick and to keep their supervisors informed of any health concerns.
- We have formed a task force that meets regularly to monitor and discuss new developments and implement new best practices and procedures as necessary.
What can you do as a group / group leader?
- Encourage good communicable disease prevention hygiene mentioned above to all attendees.
- Check all your attendees for presence of flu like symptoms prior to departing for Silver Bay and during your stay.
- Don’t allow anyone with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath to attend. (Keep them home)
- Advise your attendees to notify group leadership immediately if anyone develops symptoms during your stay.
For further research and facts about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the flu, please refer to the Center for Disease Control website. www.cdc.gov
Groups & Reunions – Concerns are being discussed with our group leaders on a case-by-case basis with initial focus on groups arriving within the next 60 days. For those groups arriving more than 60 days out, we will be conducting business as usual, adapting and accommodating as developments dictate. If you have additional questions, please call us at 1.518.543.8417.
Individuals & Individual Families – If you are concerned about an upcoming reservation, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.888.758.7229.
Updated On: March 15, 2020